Wednesday, January 19, 2011

collages

Some of you have asked about my collages - I was doing them in Powerpoint and saving them as jpgs, but I realized that if I tried to print them out, the images weren't a good quality (they still work well on the blogs, but I hate trying to re-do them if I want to print them).  So I switched to Picasa, which some of you already use.  It's a free service - I think you get 1 GB of free photo storage.  I haven't explored all the features, but it's really easy to make a collage (and edit the pics you're using - red eye, crop, colors, etc.) and once you "create" one, you can also add text on it.  It's been serving as my scrapbooking right now.  Anyway, I can't remember exactly where or how I downloaded the software - I think you can go here.  (I didn't choose to put any of my pictures in the public gallery).  I've loved it so far.  Once you make your collage, it's a jpg that you can upload to blogger like any other picture from your computer.  You just go under the folder "Picasa" and "collages".  Good luck! 

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, and I think there's a different download for MAC users - just google it.

Krista said...

Thanks!

Jeannie said...

I hope you know about Picnik too: www.picnik.com

Also free...

Mike said...

good tip! I also discovered the issues with printing images out of Microsoft apps when trying to prepare seminary handouts. They looked perfectly fine on the computer, but printed fuzzy.