Friday, March 18, 2011

So close...

I don't usually get into St. Patrick's Day, but making a leprechaun trap was part of Nathan's homework.  So we worked hard on this one (from familyfun.com).

The boys were so excited to catch a leprechaun - Nathan got up early this morning to check on their trap.  He noticed the coins and trap had been triggered and came running to wake me up (and everyone else). 

"We caught one!  Mama!  I think there's something in there!  We caught one!" 

And then he made Jared go look down inside the hat.  Jared said he saw something.  I wish I had the camera rolling during all of this.  I finally got the camera (and Weston who was crying) and took a video of them (Jared) pulling something out of the hat.  They couldn't figure out what it was - maybe a little bag, but sheer confusion that there wasn't anything in it (no gold).  And then when I suggested it was a shoe, I was trying not to laugh at the confusion and disappointment on their faces.  But they were excited later to say at least they got the leprechaun's shoe...  Nathan is still hopeful that they will catch one tonight.



We had semi-shamrock shaped pancakes for breakfast.  Joy school was here and we were on letter R, so we did rainbows and rocks and a few other things.  We made rainbow "cupcakes" which looked neat but tasted like muffins (sort of yucky).  The kids loved them.  Most things are yummy with coolwhip and sprinkles on them.  And in the afternoon, we headed outside to play at Nathan's school.

2 comments:

Tyson and Carrie said...

Love the trap! I was a complete Dud this year and did absolutely nothing!! You get the mother of the day award!!

Melissa said...

I love Nathan's "Oh...that's cool." at the end of the video clip. Too funny! I think the shoe is a great idea.