Friday, March 25, 2011

I AM a multi-tasker, sort-of

I did a post back in 2007 about NOT being a mulit-tasker, but maybe I've gotten better at that...

Yesterday afternoon, I was feeling pretty good about myself.  In 3 hours, I made homemade rolls and soup, got showered and cleaned up, picked up Nathan from school, put Weston down for a nap, delivered what I made, got the kitchen and house semi-clean for the baby sitter, made a separate dinner for us, switched out loads of laundry, and half way listened to Nathan practice his poems for his recital.   The soup involved chopping carrots, celery, and onions, cooking the chicken, and letting the soup simmer (thanks Bekah for the recipe - we've used it 3 times recently).  And I let the boys help with the rolls, so that counted for our "activity of the day."  :)  At one point, I was using the mixer for the dough in one hand and stirring the chicken with my other hand.  (I was trying to get the dough started rising and chicken cooked before I had to pick up Nathan from school.)   Anyway, it was at this point that I realized I really was doing 2 things at once.   When I realized what I had accomplished yesterday afternoon, I was thinking "I'm pretty good at this mom stuff."

But then I realized Owen hadn't had a diaper since he got up in the morning...  oh well.  We're saving money that way, right?    My soggy bottom boy who was enjoying homemade rolls didn't seem to mind, and he did get a new one before the baby-sitter got here...

5 comments:

The Purtle's said...

LOL. I think you're a fabulous mom...and totally awesome at multi-tasking!!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I like the new photo of Alex.

beks27 said...

Oh, I'm glad you like the soup! I'm sorta in love with it right now. And I'm sitting here laughing to myself about Owen's soggy bottom. Unfortuanetly I've done the same thing more than once. Good thing they don't care! :)

Carrie said...

We're impressed...and hungry. The soup and rolls sound yummy.

Jeannie said...

You are amazing! And as the recipient of the TASTY soup and rolls, I'm even more impressed. And grateful. Thanks for spending time on us, even if it was at the expense of Owen's diaper!