Sunday, January 17, 2010

superfriends, capes, and collapsing cake

Our camera isn't working well (the flash works about 10% of the time), but here's a few shots:



Nathan's party went well - there were 10 boys, which was great. The cake was a disaster - it started out okay, but when I was nearly finished (3.5 hours later...) the whole back half collapsed. The layers were too off-center - I tried to fix it, but it seemed to be unrepairable. The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got. What a mess! The front turned out okay at least. We had some fun blue kool-aid sprite punch along with the cake. Most of the time the boys just played, but we did play 2 games - pass the kryptonite and pin the superhero.

6 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a fun party! I am sorry that the cake didn't match up to your expectations. It looks like your son had a fabulous time!

Melissa said...

You are seriously the coolest mom ever! Way to go. Those capes turned out awesome. You inspire me. I don't know how you do it.

Krista said...

Looks like the party was awesome. I love when the kids get to the point of just playing at their party and less pre-planned game times for me.
You do remember the cake I made for Max's party, yours still looks way better - I mean, at least you were able to use it for the party. Nice job, I'm sure it was delish.

Micah and Alison said...

How fun! I wish I was six again! Looks like you pulled off another awesome party...Way to go! :)

Emma said...

Awesome! What a fun party. Timothy is constantly "planning" his 6th birthday party (in June). Today it was all about superheros!
I love the cake, sorry it collapsed on you.

whitney said...

SUCH a fun party!