Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas morning






We had Alex's family watching the present opening via Skype.  (In one of the videos, you'll notice Owen taking his gift over to the computer to thank Aunt Jane.)


I also got to join in on my family's Christmas celebrating on Skype.  My siblings and I put together a special gift for my parents, with written letters and a Willlow Tree nativity.  We each wrote a note corresponding to one of the characters from the nativity.  My person was Mary, so I related my experiences to her and to being a mother.  We also shared our (written) testimonies of Jesus Christ, which went with the shepherds, who after seeing the Savior went and made known abroad what they had seen.  I would have loved to actually be there with my family,  but I was grateful to be able to watch and listen.  Technology is amazing.  I'm sure I missed a yummy dessert though...



Right before bed, the boys remembered about the race cars they got and had fun playing with them.  The loop was a little hard to do with the crank shift power, so they had to keep manually moving the car back on the track.  We got a kick out of Owen cheering "Go Dad-da go!"



My favorite toy of the day, and I don't even know who gave it to us, was this Perplexus ball:
 It has a little metal ball that you have to work through a maze and into a little pocket at the end.  I had to work on it until I was successful.  Addicting toy.

Thank you for all the gifts - we are so spoiled!  

1 comment:

Debora said...

You might need to get a bigger tree to put all of those gifts under :)