Monday, January 23, 2012

nursery age!

Owen graduated from nursery, and Weston started nursery.  This is very exciting!  This active, non-lap sitting kid can now play during the 2nd and 3rd hours of church.  We don't have to try to entertain him, keep him quiet, clean up drool off the seats, or wander the hallways with him.  Separation anxiety or tears when we left him in nursery?  Not a chance.  He never looked back.  The hard part is getting him to LEAVE nursery.  Nursery is a great place to be! 

3 comments:

Debora said...

And I served in nursery a very long time "paying it forward" to say thank you to all of the ladies that have my grand kids in their class.

Alison said...

Yeah! This is exciting! Only about 3 and half more months and Dallin will be there too...and I think all the people in our Sunday School class will be cheering...Not that they don't want to see him, cuz he's the cutest kid in the ward ;), but they might actually be able to hear and pay attention to the lesson...

Burt Family said...

I wish we had a nursery. Kordale is the only active small guy that attends church therefore I guess the primary doesn't see a need for a nursery leader. I have spent the past 18 months chasing him through the halls. This past week I found him sitting quietly with the primary kids so i left him there. A while later, he came walking down the hall with the sunbeams going to class. It was so nice to actually go to class and not run the halls. I think from now on I will let him be a big kid even though he's not 3 yet. :)