Sunday, January 1, 2012

Joshua Tree

We're making the most of the recreational opportunities in CA - we took a couple of days and visited Joshua Tree National Park.  Desert is not my favorite landscape, but it does have its own beauty.  It was interesting to see the difference between the Colorado and Mojave Deserts.  I definitely liked the joshua trees in the Mojave Desert, but the cholla cactus garden in the Colorado desert was also interesting.  I didn't get our own pictures of the cholla - unfortunately our camera got sand in the lens and broke halfway through the 1st day.  (Luckily I had already taken several pictures before that to document our trip...)  The boys loved climbing on the rocks and there was plenty of dirt!




Here are a couple of cool pictures that I found on-line of the cholla cactus garden:



No comments: