Thursday, August 10, 2017

Blue & Gold 2017

I was in charge of the decorations for the cub scout Blue & Gold dinner this year.  I had a bunch of Mason jars, so I attempted to color them blue and yellow, using paint, Modpodge, and the oven.  They turned out pretty well, although maybe it wasn't worth the effort.  After I painted the jars, I thought maybe I should have just glued or taped paper around the jars.  Oh well.  It was something I hadn't ever tried before.  (It might be fun to do some decorative colored jars for our home at some point.)  I found some of the country cards already done on-line - just had to print those out.  I put together the ones with the cub scout law and the paper flags.

I also put together a crossword puzzle and word search for each place at the table, which was fun for people to do while waiting.    


The boys helped fold the cardstock paper cake (also a pattern found on-line).  We filled the cake slices with starburst.  


Jared and each of the Webelos had to do a presentation about scouting in other countries.   Jared picked Taiwan and found out a little bit about scouting there.  He was brave and volunteered to do his presentation first.  No fear.  He did a good job!

They also had to teach the younger scouts how to tie a few knots.  


Here are a couple of clips from his presentation:




No comments: