Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Jared (almost 22 months) is now sleeping in a "big boy bed." We decided to make the move when Jared nearly climbed out of the crib. He had one leg over the top and looked like he was about to take the plunge over the side. So for his safety, we moved him out. He's sleeping on a mattress on the floor in Nathan's room. Nathan was more excited than Jared. We weren't sure how he'd do...the first time we tried to put him down for a nap, he walked in and pointed at his crib. After I laid down on the mattress, he didn't want me sleeping there, and laid down on the bed. The first nap wasn't successful, but he went right to sleep at night, without getting out of the bed. He's been napping and sleeping in his big boy bed since Saturday. He's such a good boy- ever since the first nap, when it's time to sleep, he gets in the bed and stays there. He still clings on to "Raffe," of course!

3 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

What a big boy! The transition is always a little hard on me (I'll confess!). I love the pic of him curled up with his stuffed animal...so cute!

Kathryn said...

Wow! We've been wondering when to transition Riley. But I kinda like having her caged up still! :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet are those pictures?! I am glad that the transition went well. I was filled w/ a bit of trepidation when the time came for my boys to switch--thankfully we were able to have a smooth transition too. Yay for big boy beds!! :)