Saturday, March 15, 2008

Not a great week...

This week I kind-of felt like this:

I just don't want to be the mom right now... I have been cleaning up puke and diarrhea all week. Jared has been randomly puking. I thought he had done the last of it on Wednesday after lunch. From then and all day Thursday he was fine. Then, after he'd been sleeping for a couple of hours, he puked again. At least Nathan was still awake and alerted me that he was about to puke. I was able to get most of it contained in the towel. All day Friday he was okay too. Then about 5:45 this morning, I heard Nathan yell that Jared was about to puke again. I didn't get there in time and it was all over. Had to change the sheets and his clothes and wash everything (again)...

At least Jared and my puke monitor went right back to sleep. I think I need to teach Nathan how to catch puke in a bucket...

I bet Alex is glad he's out of town, eating out every night, messing around on a boat at the beach in Corpus Christi TX, enjoying undistracted sleep. Yeah, I'm a little bit jealous and bitter. But I'll get over it.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time and to be the only parent there - that must make it pretty difficult. Come to OH - I'll help! :o)

hollister said...

I definitely know what it feels like to temporarily be a single parent - it's hard. What is even harder is the fact that you have to actually clean up the puke! My husband is the puke monitor and the cleaner-upper at our house. I feel for you- I hope your days get brighter soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor, Annie! I feel so sorry for you! You are such a trooper. There is nothing like an unexpected puke...especially when Dad is gone to make one feel miserable.