Sunday, March 30, 2008

geology banquet


We got to have a night out (sort-of). We went to a geology banquet. I was excited to get dressed up, to actually curl my hair (I should have taken a picture of the back), and sit down at a nice dinner that I didn't have to cook, without the kids. But I couldn't resist talking about our kids. I met another stay-at-home mom, with 2 little boys. It was refreshing to meet another mom who didn't want a job outside the home. There's nothing wrong with wanting or having a career, but it just seems like it's the "road less traveled" nowadays. I think I'm just lucky that I can stay at home.

1 comment:

hollister said...

I am so glad you got a chance to get away with just you and your hubby for a bit. Charles and I try to have monthly dates and sometimes it is hard when things get hectic. Isn't it funny how we want just a small time away from the kids and yet all we can do is still talk about them?