Saturday, November 13, 2010

establish a house of God

Doctrine & Covenants 88:119
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."

This is always on my mind, how to establish a house of order and of God.  I think of this as I'm cleaning, that I'm creating an environment where God wouldn't be ashamed to dwell.  Keeping it clean and orderly is a hard task that I fail at, but I also am trying to make it a house of faith and prayer.  I am thankful that my boys are learning to pray and that they pray for mama, da-da, and each one of us in their prayers.  I think the Lord has a special place in his heart for prayers of young children.

I also think that our "house" is ourselves.  We've heard the scripture about our bodies being temples.  I think we each are a "house," and that gives me perspective in trying to prepare myself, to make sure that I am praying and fasting, have faith, keep learning, and keep myself worthy of the glory I can achieve with God at the helm.  Being created in the image of God and as His children already makes us full of glory, but I think we can build on that and become far greater than we can even imagine.  While I may not have much control over the house that we live in, I take comfort in knowing that I have full control over what I do with myself.

No comments: