Saturday, November 6, 2010

feast on the word of Christ

2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.  Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father:  Ye shall have eternal life."

This scripture is one of my favorites and was in my reading today, so it was a perfect choice to memorize.  It just has so much meat in it - encouragement to press on, to have hope and love, and a promise that if we keep on trying and enduring, we'll have eternal life.  I love what "feast" brings to mind as well - especially since we have Thanksgiving coming.  I think sometimes I'm starving myself in my scripture studies, only eating a morsel here and there, when I should be getting "stuffed" with the words of Christ.  Go ahead, have another piece of (scripture) pie!  

No comments: