Wednesday, January 23, 2019

September birthdays

Another birthday!  Made breakfast and dinner, cookies, and cake.  Alex and I went out for lunch.  We don't usually get each other gifts, but he needed some new clothes... 


It was my 40th birthday this year!  Alex threw a small surprise party for me.  I figured something was up when, after Jared's soccer game, Alex asked if I wanted to get cleaned up (to go out after Owen's game).  I said I was planning to get cleaned up after the soccer games, particularly if we were just going out for ice cream.  I was okay doing that in my "Go Bananas" t-shirt.  Alex kept bugging me about taking a shower and wearing some different clothes.  And then Jared swept the back porch and was cleaning up the back yard, so I knew they were getting ready for something.  So I wasn't surprised when I walked in the door after Owen's game and there was a party for me.  One of our good friends put up decorations while we were at the game.  They also prepared all the food.  It was  sports themed (soccer mom), with a concession stand, sports banner, and whistles.  There were hot dogs, chips, fruit, popcorn, sugar cookies, soda, gatorade, and cupcakes.  Lots of yummy junk food.  The guests were few in number, but it was just right - not overwhelming.


No comments: