Saturday, February 4, 2017

Owen is 8!

Owen's birthday was the day before we left for our Christmas travels, so it was pretty crazy.  I still had packing to do and Nathan had a basketball game that evening.  I feel like Owen got shorted a bit on his celebrations, but hopefully he still felt like it was his special day.  We sure love him and his enthusiasm.  He wanted socks and shirts as gifts, and he was nearly as excited to see those as he was the Legos he wanted.  

He requested french toast and turkey bacon for breakfast (I have him trained on the turkey bacon - he likes that better than the real bacon).  He wanted taco salad for dinner, but I talked him into eating the leftovers in the fridge!  What a kid!    
He wanted a specific stormtrooper cake, but luckily he allowed me to do cupcakes with print-out toppers of the stormtrooper.  I didn't have time to do an intricate cake.  He is pretty easy to please.  
    







Owen's teacher from church gave him this really awesome candy card!


No comments: