Monday, November 2, 2009

Beautiful weather

Today I was especially grateful for the beautiful weather. Although I forgot about daylight savings yesterday, the time change was nice this morning. The boys woke up early - I didn't have to wake them up and we weren't rushing around to get out the door. Everyone was happy. We took a nice stroll to take Nathan to school this morning. It was 54 degrees, but it felt nice with the sun shining on us. I was singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" from the musical Oklahoma all day today. (If you haven't heard it, it's on my playlist...)

"Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's goin' my way!"

Everything seemed to go well today. It warmed up to the 70's - The boys played outside in the warm sun while I was able to get some work done. It was interesting - as I was thinking about the day ahead and knowing that I would be looking for blessings in my life, I found myself trying to make a great day. (That reminded me of a friend who says that all the time - "Make a great day!" Thanks Channing...)

It was a beautiful day.




4 comments:

Debora said...

We have been waiting for you :)
Krista did a whole new blog on "Bee Grateful". Also Michelle is participating-(sweet comments).

WhiteEyebrows said...

You are a blogging force to be reckoned with! :)

Anonymous said...

It has been beautiful weather! Thanks for reminding us to be grateful for the small things, and to make each day into a great one!

whitney said...

yay! for beautiful fall weather! It's so true-positive thought begets positive experiences.