Monday, November 30, 2009

Parents

Just wanted to mention something that would have been Friday's gratitude post. The day after Thanksgiving, all of the little kids and big kids, plus my dad (the biggest kid...) played football and kickball in the morning. We had a great time. I appreciate how my dad loves sports and how he'll probably be playing right along with us until we have to wheel him around the field (which, by the way, will not be anytime soon - he still has a lot of spunk left in him). The other thing that I was grateful for, which wasn't just Friday, was my parents willingness to watch the kids for us. It gets a little tricky with little kids who need to go to bed early to play games or hang out in the evening hours. My mom stayed with Jaden and Hailey in their motel room, and my dad stayed with our boys while the big kids played cards until 1:30am. I really appreciate that and know that was a sacrifice for them. They would have enjoyed hanging out too, but sacrificed for "the team". Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you.

No comments: