Monday, November 16, 2009

Stocking hats and Creativity

Whew! It was cold today! The first thing I'm thankful for is a stocking hat and a heater. I wore my stocking hat all day today... maybe tomorrow we'll make it warmer than 67 inside! We just felt cold. I couldn't even bring myself to take a shower today - I couldn't stand the thought of being wet... I'm thankful that I didn't have to go anywhere today, so it wasn't the worst thing being unshowered! :)

Anyway, maybe my hat sparked my creativity today - with my "hot head," I came up with and completed invitations for Owen's birthday party. It's ball-themed since he loves balls. I thought they turned out cute - they're supposed to look like a bucket with balls in it. There are 3 balls that can be pulled out of the "bucket". The picture of Owen is on the back of the poem, which you might be able to read it if you click on the picture. I've got my mom to thank for the creativity - she can do just about anything with paper, cardboard, toilet paper rolls, etc. I think I got a few of those creative genes, and I'm grateful for that.

5 comments:

Burt Family said...

VERY cute invitations and such a catchy little poem!

Debora said...

So why don't we just turn on the heater? :) At least is was only 70 in our house this morning. Cute- cute ideas- not only for the party but also FHE.
Great invites!

The Purtle's said...

Oh, I love it...you always come up with the best party themes!!!

Amanda said...

Soooo cute! You are so extremely creative.

And what is it with us and not wanting to turn on the heaters? I took a shower and when I got out the bathroom was 65... I wanted to get right back into the hot water!

hollase said...

Too cute! You are just insanely creative. Between you and Missy (the scrapbooker!) I feel like the least creative person ever!

Oh and with the heat thing...I broke down and finally turned mine on this morning. After a night of the cat under the covers with us (and keeping me up half the night), I decided that maybe the 63 degree thing might be the problem. It is currently 66 and she is resting peacefully on top of the blanket by my feet-much better!