Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Laughter

Today the house was a mess - the laundry piled on the couch, dishes in the sink, the floor unsweeped, toys everywhere and beds unmade. I was out of normal mom mode working on painting the guest bathroom. Owen cooperated by taking a long nap this afternoon and Jared did his own thing. I'm thankful for that. By this evening, as I looked at the mess around me, I couldn't help but feeling a little unaccomplished. But a few giggles, a sucker, and sloppy joe was all it took to make my day.

One of the things I am most thankful for today is laughter. It's amazing what a few giggles can do...I love to hear the laughter of kids. And happy kids makes a happy mom.

Big O discovered suckers... he loves them! (although they make me nervous to watch him chew on them)

Sloppy O's

I'm also thankful for running water... for cleaning up sloppy O

Still smiling...


Oh, and he got a kick out of the toilet in our living room...
Alex is installing our new toilet tonight...

I think this might lead to some bad habits in the future...

5 comments:

whitney said...

Who doesn't love toilets in the living room? ;)

It's nice to know that you have those days too. Although, I don't have the valid excuse of painting a bathroom...

Debora said...

Hey we had sloppy joes too. Ron wasn't very messy though :)

Mamapierce said...

Laughter is very powerful medicine! Great pictures. :o)

Burt Family said...

Your boys are so cute! Great to hear I'm not the only mom who somedays just lets the house go, although my excuse isn't because I'm beautifying another area of the house :)

Alabama Apples said...

I love laughter, too. Isn't it great how little boys' giggles can be infectious and bring a smile out? Love it!