Saturday, November 7, 2009

Soft heart

I'm grateful for a "soft heart" today - not meaning weak, but meaning filled with compassion and forgiveness. While I won't go into the details, yesterday I was less than happy with someone close to me, who put me in an unfair situation and left me with a mess. Today, I could have remained bitter, but I chose otherwise. I'm thankful for the ability to (sometimes) see beyond myself and not rub in another's weaknesses. I have plenty of shortcomings and weaknesses of my own...

If anyone has heard about the "emotional bank account" and making deposits and withdrawals, I just made a deposit today instead of a withdrawal. And that makes me feel good - so thankful for a soft heart.

2 comments:

Debora said...

Attagirl!

Alabama Apples said...

Good job! I definitely need to do that more often in my life!!