Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things could be worse

I knew I was going to have some hard days where I'd have to think about the little things that happened that I was grateful for - today was one of those.

So... I'm thankful that I was still trying to get out the door when Alex called saying he was having car trouble (the car was over-heating). He was able to make it home, but I had to take him into work to get his keys for his work truck and drop him off at the truck. After that, I headed to the park with the jogging stroller, eager to get some exercise. When I got there, Owen was screaming, so I had to feed him. Jared was sleeping, so I didn't want to wake him up and it was a little windy. So I decided to just come home. But... the van wouldn't start. What?! How can we have both cars die on us in the same day? Alex had the cell phone (we only have one), since he had to pick up our guest from the airport. So what was I to do? A few ladies were walking, so I asked them if they had a cell phone. After they decided I wasn't going to attack them (that Chevy Van is pretty scary looking), they were kind enough to let me borrow it to call Alex. He was able to come wait with us (with his work truck) and call a tow truck, which we thought we needed. It turns out it was the battery. Anyway, I'm thankful for cell phones, for kind people to help out, and for the flexibility of Alex's job AND that we at least have some way to get around for a few days with his work vehicle.

And by the time we got home, our sink had been installed, just in time for our guest tonight...

3 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

rough day!

Krista said...

It is crazy when both cars die at the same time. Our cars died within a week of each other, but nothing like it happening on the same day, eh? I'm glad it was the battery and not something more costly or time consuming.
Thanks for leaving a post on my blog. I really enjoyed reading it. I am very grateful to you, Annie, for being such a wonderful friend! Thank you.

whitney said...

Both cars!?! You poor thing. At least it's only the battery, I suppose. Good luck with your guest!