Tuesday, November 17, 2009

cavities

I had to mention something else that I enjoyed today... Alex went to the dentist today and discovered he had a cavity. When he got home, his mouth was still numb from the filling. This was his 1st experience with this, so he didn't know what it was like. "I can't talk right. How am I supposed to go back to work like this? I'm drooling. How long is this supposed to last? Will it hurt after the numbness wears off?"

I know this is terrible, but I just had to smile because he's always bragged about no cavities, surely due to his stellar brushing and flossing skills. Well, I'm glad that he finally got a cavity. When I've had fillings done, he's never understood what's it's like to have a numb mouth and offered no sympathy. In fact, I know he was thinking that I didn't brush my teeth well. I just appreciate him getting to experience some of these little things every once in a while. Now, if only he knew what pregnancy or child birth was like... They'll never understand or appreciate what we sacrifice for that!

5 comments:

hollase said...

Don't scare me! Keith and I are both cavity free and my mom keeps telling me that now that I'm in my 30's I'm due. Does the numbness really last that long? I must say that I get mad that Keith's mouth is just as healthy as mine. I am so careful about flossing/brushing where I don't think he has flossed once since we've been married. It somehow doesn't seem fair that I work so much harder yet we get the same result. Its nice to know I'm not the only "vengeful" wife out there. Hope he isn't in too much pain!

The Purtle's said...

too funny! :)

Unknown said...

I've never had a cavity either! and I bug WE all the time about his teeth brushing/flossing skills ;)

Jason and Lissa said...

I hate going to the dentist, but I'm sure grateful they're around! I can't imagine having my teeth rot out of my head like in the old days...

Micah and Alison said...

Don't even get me started on dental things... Let's see I think I've had a cavity filled for each year I've been alive... Yeah one is nothing! And none is just luck to have been blessed with strong teeth.... :)