Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Energy to work (and play)

Today I'm thankful for the ability and energy to work. This is the first time I've sat down for more than 5 minutes besides driving in the car and meals (even then it wasn't long). We have a guest coming to stay in our home tomorrow, so I've been trying to get the house cleaned up - and since it's an overnight guest, that means even more work. Without a working shower in the guest bathroom, the master bathroom (and bedroom, since you have to go through it to get there) has to be clean. (What did you get us into Alex? Why??)

Nevertheless, much work had to be done today, and I'm thankful to be able to accomplish it.

I also am thankful for the break in my day to take the boys to the park to play with friends. And while I didn't have the chance to sit down, it was the much needed time away from home. Also worth mentioning is being able to play basketball with the boys. At one point while at the park, Nathan wanted to play basketball, but his friends weren't interested in that. He wandered over to the court with his head hanging. Right away, one of my friends suggested that we (the moms) go play with him. She was wearing a skirt and sandals, but she got right in there and ran up and down the court. I was impressed and I know that made Nathan's day. We had a great time and got some good exercise. I couldn't ask for better friends (a post in itself).

Well, back to work... I'm thankful there's a few hours left in the day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We had a great time too!