Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good kids, good husband and dad

It wasn't hard to think about what I'm thankful for today. At church, we always get compliments from people about how good our boys are. And today was no exception. Nathan usually gets a "CTR shield" to turn in for a reward - they get them for being reverent, a good example, a good helper, Choosing The Right. Nathan also is the kid that they can put next to the "problem kids, " can ask to say a prayer or scripture at the last minute and he does it, and always listens and cooperates. I also don't worry about leaving Nathan and Jared in the pew by themselves for a little while when I have to take Owen out (Alex is on the stand with the bishopric). Everyone always tells me how good they were while I was gone, how they just colored or sat there and played. And today, I was again told how fun Jared was to have in nursery - they said he just does his own thing and doesn't ever throw a fit. He just does whatever he's told and is an easy kid. I don't know how we got so lucky to have such great boys, but I'm so grateful for it. They still have their moments, but really are such great kids. When they got home, Nathan immediately asked if he could take out the trash or clean up his room. They talked about that today in primary and were supposed to think of ways to serve at home. He cleaned his room this afternoon.

Another thing that I love about our boys - they aren't picky eaters. They eat most anything that I put in front of them. One thing that all 3 of them like is steamed broccoli. Now that is something to be thankful for! We had broccoli cheese soup tonight and they loved it. Another thing that they love is grape tomatoes. I remember going to a pizza buffet once, and Nathan ate just about all the tomatoes they had. He is definitely our healthiest eater - he still eats 3 apples a day (and I mean down to the core). They're great - I love my boys!





I also am very thankful for Alex. Today, he played with the boys for a long time this afternoon while I took a nap. The boys know who the fun person is around here and always look forward to him getting home from work every day. I like to try to relax on Sundays, and I know that Alex likes to do the same, but he sacrifices for the "team". He also worked really hard on our bathroom remodel yesterday and is nearly finished. I'm thankful to have a hard-working husband and he is such a great dad for our kids.

5 comments:

The Purtle's said...

that's sweet. :) You are blessed!! :) And, they are blessed to have you too. And, on your other post...what did you say about "babies"...there's not one on the way right now, and I missed the news? I'm wondering if you meant in the future? So curious... :)

Debora said...

Steamed broccoli eeww :)Those boys are funny- but we'll keep em!

Sharon said...

you aren't giving yourself enough credit....the reason you have such great boys is because you are such a great mom!!!

WhiteEyebrows said...

do you want to raise our future/potential children? we'd like some of those kind that sit quietly on the bench and do what they should be doing when no one is looking. thanks!

Unknown said...

Annie you are an awesome mom! I agree with Sharon you need to give yourself more credit. I dont think you were just blessed with great kids, they've been taught well! Bytheway, Can we borrow Nathan for a while? He needs to come teach Jaden a few things :-) And darn it Sam already asked if you would raise their kids, I guess Im second in line for that! You guys are wanting a girl so we can just do a kid swap for a while. Nathan for Hailey :-) You can teach Hailey everything she needs to know to be just like a Simms and we can have Nathan for a while so he can be a good example for Jaden. Let me know what you think. Maybe we can do the swap in CO.